Friday, April 23, 2010

Zhan Zhuang

Zhan Zhuang is a "standing meditation" that I've found really beneficial! First off it increases my stamina and endurance which I have always had issues with. Secondly, it really challenges my ability to stay focused because standing in one position for 5-15 mins really takes effort on my part. And thirdly, it really does take my mind elsewhere - like I feel like I've traveled somewhere else - like if I imagine standing on a beach watching the ocean waves roll in it's almost like I am experiencing that even though I'm standing in my small bedroom.

How to Do Zhan Zhuang Exercise

Benefits of Zhan Zhuang

And you can always google Zhan Zhuang to learn about the history of it!

Here's what the pose looks like:



I stand like this for 5-15 mins three times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment