Sunday, April 25, 2010

5 Tibetans

The 5 Tibetans are a "stretching" sort of yoga exercise that really do have amazing effects but I admit are hard to do. I do them twice a week.

This is the book I have that shows you how to do the exercises:
The Five Tibetans, by Christopher S. Kilham

When starting out I do no more than 10 to get used to the exercise and to not fall over plus they're really hard and I can't do 21 yet!

In essence here are the five moves (each is supposed to be repeated 21 times):

1 - spin with arms out 21 times to left and then 21 times to right.

2 - lift legs without bending knees to a 90 degree angle and return to starting position.

3 - on knees lean back with hands on hip.

4 - sitting up legs flat you put your hands to your sides and then lift your body up into a bridge shape.

5 - with your toes pointed to support your body you hold you torso up and then pull yourself up to bent "V" shape.

Here's what the moves look like:

No comments:

Post a Comment