Sunday, November 15, 2009

Week 2 - Nov 9-14, 2009

Lots of good news this week! I'm still losing inches - and I can visually see it - it's really exciting to see the difference when I look in the mirror!!!

I lost a whole inch and a half around my waist - whoo-hooo! That's terribly exciting!!!

I can't believe how much closer I am to my goals after ONLY 2 WEEKS!


Click on Chart to Enlarge


And I lost almost 2% more body fat from my body! WOW! I'm stunned! I'm so looking forward to the fact the I recently came across that's going to really help me lose body fat - by eating less fat (I had been eating like 100 gms a day on average and a day ago I began cutting back to 50gms so next week's results should be rather stunning I believe! Here's some recent posts I wrote on how to lose fat:

Why Vit C


Eating Too Much Fat - this is a really excellent post that I recommend you read! And it'll show you how you can figure out how much body fat you have.

The reason why I changed my hip inch loss goal is because I learned that to decrease my overall body fat I need to get my hip size between 38-40 inches to reach 25-30% body fat - which is normal for a woman.

So now to the "odd" results

No weight loss - well that's not that odd considering I've been doing a lot of weight training - so my muscle is building up and it weighs more than fat. So I'm not sweating this lack of "pounds" lost.

Gained inches in one area - my double chin! Waaaaaaaaaah!!! Ok I'm not at all happy about this! But I think I've uncovered the culprit of this fat gain - my fast food meal last week! On that day I consumed without realizing it 4.6 times the amount of the daily recommended fat intake! Yikes! It'll make me think twice about eating fast food that's for sure! For more information on what I ate that day check out my blog posting on Fat

Ok for the semi-good news - I lost 1/2 inch around my stomach - my goal was to lose 1 inch - but considering my fast food night I'm just happy to have lost 1/2 inch there! I'm definitely going to be paying close attention to the amount of fat I eat each day. I'm not planning on making any drastic changes like switching my food products to low-fat or no-fat (God forbid!) I'm just going to eat less fat - no more than 50 grams a day. In his book "The Fat to Muscle Diet" by Dr. Vash he recommends for weight loss eating 30 grams of fat per day until you reach your goal then eat 50 grams of fat to maintain your weight. I tried to eat only 30 grams of fat one day and it was impossible for me to do. Maybe it is possible for others but I couldn't do it so I'm not going to force myself to do it. But I do believe that cutting back to 50 grams will make a difference in my weight loss!!!! I'm looking forward to next week's results! I won't lie eating only 50 grams of fat per day takes work but at least it is doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment